|what is network security
and how does it protect You?
After asking what is the network
security? you should ask? what are the threats to my network?
Many network security threats
today are spread over the Internet.
the most common include:
- Viruses, worms, and Trojan
- Spyware and adware.
- Zero-day attacks, also called
- Hacker attacks.
- Denial of Services attacks.
A network security system usually consists of many components.
Ideally, all components work together, which minimizes maintenance
and improves security.
Network security components often include:
- Anti-Virus and anti-spyware.
- Firewall, to block
unauthorized access to your network.
- Intrusion prevention systems
(IPS), to identify fast-spreading threats, such as zero-day or
- Virtual private Networks (VPNs),
to proide secure remote access.